Skip to main content

U.S. Immigration Support is managed by a U.S. Law Firm. We are not affiliated with the United States government.

Visitor Visa Extension USA

B1/B2 Visa Extension Guide

B-1 Business and B-2 Visitor Visa Extension of Stay

Business and Tourist Visa Extension of Stay Information : Foreign nationals visiting the United States on a B-1 Business Visa or on a B-2 Tourist Visa are issued an I-94 form by a United States immigration officer upon entry into the country. The I-94 Form is a small white card which displays the bearer’s arrival date and location of entry into the United States. It also shows the date by which the bearer must depart the United States. Travelers on B-1 Business Visas and B-2 Tourist Visas are usually allowed to stay in the United States for a period of up to six months, with the possibility of extension for up to six additional months. However, this is contingent upon the approval of the extension application by the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services,formerly INS).

  • Start Application Immediately
  • Easy to Understand Instructions
  • Apply Online or by Mail
  • Pricing and Fee Information Included
  • Checklist of Required Documents
  • Unlimited Online Support

Visitor Visa Extension Guide Content:

  • B-1 Business Visa Extension of Stay information
  • B-2 Tourist Visa Extension of Stay information
  • The difference between Visa Extension and Extension of Stay
  • Step-by-Step instructions on visa extensions of stay
  • Sample letter to USCIS requesting an extension of stay in the United States
  • Filing instructions for Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status
  • Filing instructions for Affidavit of Support

Additional information

  • Visa Extension of Stay Eligibility Information
  • List of Required Documents
  • Information on Filing Fees
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
  • List of USCIS Offices Nationwide
  • Directory of U.S. Embassies and Consulates
  • Information on how to obtain the latest United States immigration forms

Download B-1 Business and B-2 Tourist Visa Extension of Stay Guide for more information

Visa Extension vs Extension of stay:

Only persons who are already in the United States on a B-1 Business Visa or B-2 Tourist Visa may file an application for extension of stay. The purpose of this application guide is to help an individual already in the United States apply for an extension of stay. If you are abroad and have an expired B-1 Business Visa or B-2 Tourist Visa, you cannot extend the visa itself, you need to apply for a new visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country. Find out more about visitor visa extension reasons and B1/B2 visa extension fee in our guide.

© 2024 U.S. IMMIGRATION SUPPORT - All Rights Reserved