Skip to main content

U.S. Immigration Support is managed by a U.S. Law Firm. We are not affiliated with the United States government.

US Visa Application for Minors, Infants and Children

How to Apply US Visa for Minor

US Visa Application for Minors – PDF Guide

The process of applying for a U.S. visa for minors, infants, and children can be more complex and require additional documentation than required for an adult application. Many parents or guardians have problems applying for a visa for their children. The “U.S. Visa Application Guide for Minors, Infants, and Children” was created especially to help parents submit U.S. visa applications for their children. The “U.S. Visa Application Guide for Minors, Infants and Children” can be used by the whole family. It contains information about how adults, as well as minors, infants, and children can apply for U.S. visas.

  • Start Application Immediately
  • Easy to Understand Instructions
  • Apply Online or by Mail
  • Pricing and Fee Information Included
  • Checklist of Required Documents
  • Unlimited Online Support

Visa Application for Minors Content

  • US Visa Application for Minors and Children
  • US Visa Applications for Infants (Under 2 Years of Age)
  • Visa Interview Information for Minors, Children and Infants
  • Passport requirements for minors, children and infants
  • Information for children traveling to the United States in organized groups
  • Information for children traveling to the United States who are not accompanied by one or both parents.
  • B-2 Tourist Visa Information
  • Explanation of the tourist visa application process
  • Tourist Visa Eligibility Information
  • How to Fill Out Application Forms for B-2 Tourist Visa

Additional information

  • Tourist Visa Extension Information
  • Tourist Visa Interview Information
  • Visa Waiver Information
  • List of required documents
  • Filing Fee Information
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
  • List of USCIS offices nationwide
  • Directory of U.S. Consulates and Embassies
  • Information on how to obtain the latest immigration forms.

Download U.S. Visa Application for Children and Minors Guide for more information

Common questions about U.S. visas for children:

Yes, it is possible for your minor child to travel under your visa to the United States. However, the specific requirements and procedures may vary depending on the type of visa you hold and the purpose of your travel. Here are a few key points to consider:

  1. Dependent Visa: Some visa categories, such as the H-1B or L-1 visas, allow for dependents, including minor children, to accompany the primary visa holder. They can travel to the U.S. under a dependent visa, such as an H-4 or L-2 visa.
  2. Application Process: Generally, you will need to include your child’s information and documentation in your visa application or apply for their visa separately. This may involve providing proof of the parent-child relationship, such as birth certificates, and fulfilling any specific requirements outlined by the U.S. embassy or consulate.
  3. Duration of Stay: Your child’s authorized stay will typically be tied to the validity of your visa. They can reside in the U.S. for the same duration as you, as long as they maintain their dependent visa status.
  4. Study Opportunities: If your child wishes to pursue education in the United States, they may need to apply for a separate student visa, such as an F-1 visa, depending on their age and academic pursuits.

Does my one-month-old baby require a U.S. passport and visa? Or can he/she travel with my passport?

Yes, your one-month-old baby requires his/her own passport and visa to travel to the United States. Every individual, regardless of age, must have a valid passport and a U.S. visa to enter the country. If your child does not have a passport, it is necessary to obtain one before initiating the U.S. visa application process. Once your child has obtained a passport, you can then proceed with applying for the appropriate U.S. visa for him/her. It is crucial to ensure compliance with the passport and visa requirements to facilitate smooth travel and entry into the United States for your child.

Can my teen travel to the United States with an organized tour without a parent present?

Yes, in most cases, a teen can travel to the United States with an organized tour without a parent present. However, it is typically required to present a registered letter that demonstrates parental permission for the trip. It’s important to note that specific requirements may vary depending on your country of residence. For detailed information and instructions tailored to your situation, please refer to the “US Visa Application for Minors, Infants, and Children Guide.” Downloading and reviewing this guide will provide you with accurate and comprehensive guidance for the specific requirements and procedures relevant to your teen’s travel to the United States.

Are children required to attend the visa interview in person?

The answer to this question depends on the age of the child and the country from which the visa is being applied for. In general, minors aged 14 and over may be required to attend the visa interview in person. However, specific rules and regulations regarding visa interviews for minors can vary based on their country of residence. It is important to note that the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where the visa application is being processed will provide instructions and inform you if the minor is required to appear for an interview. Please consult the relevant embassy or consulate for accurate and up-to-date information specific to your situation.

© 2024 U.S. IMMIGRATION SUPPORT - All Rights Reserved