F1 Student Visa Application
US Student & Exchange Visas
F-1 Student & Exchange Visas Application Guide
F-1 Student Visa Eligibility Requirements:
An applicant for a United States student visa must come to the United States to pursue an academic program in an institution recognized by the United States government. The foreign citizen must have a valid educational purpose for coming to the United States and be a full time student. It is not possible to be a part-time student on an F-1 Visa. The student can stay in the United States for as long as he/she is enrolled in school. The F-1 student visa is normally issued at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the student’s home country.
Traveling on F-1 Student Visa:
- Foreign students may enter the United States multiple times if they hold a valid F-1 Student Visa.
- It is important that the F-1 Student Visa holders have all the necessary documents and signed authorizations to avoid any problems at the U.S. port of entry.
- The passport must also be valid for a certain amount of time in order to be granted entry.
- F-1 Visa holders can also travel freely within the within the United States.
Working on F-1 Student Visa:
- Students may work on campus as long as they are enrolled in school.
- Students may apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) to gain work experience in their field of study while being a full time student.
- Students may take advantage of Optional Practical Training (OPT) once the degree is completed as a full time employee.
- Many students obtaining a bachelor or master’s degree in the United States go on to be sponsored by their employer for an H-1B Work Visa.
The F-1 Student Visa Application Guide
is comprehensive, detailed, and easy to understand. It contains everything one needs in order to successfully apply for an F-1 Student visa