Disclaimer: This website is operated by a private company and is not affiliated with the United States government.
sttars white

P Visa for Athletes and Entertainers

P Entertainment Visa

U.S Flag

P Visa USA for Athletes and Entertainers

United States Immigration Resources
P visa
P Visa General Information: The P Visa is a Non-Immigrant Visa allowing certain individuals to work temporarily in the United States. The P Visa consists of four classifications: P-1, P-2, P-3 and P-4. The P Visa classification covers foreign nationals that are internationally recognized athletes, artists or entertainers. The spouse and unmarried children of the P Visa holder may also accompany the P Visa holder to the United States during his or her duration of stay. The P-1 Visa may be issued to an individual or to a team/group. The P Visa allows for individuals that are part of a team or entertainment group to come to the United States and perform temporarily. Other classifications under the P Visa cover individuals who perform, teach or coach in culturally unique programs. The P Visa for Athletes and Entertainers Application Guide is an informative, comprehensive, and easy to understand guide to the P Visa and contains everything an individual needs to know in order to successfully apply.

P Visa Guide Content

Additional information

P Visa Requirements:

  • The P-1 Visa classification applies to individuals who compete at an internationally recognized level.
  • The P-2 Visa classification is for individuals who are entertainers or a part of a performance group that perform on a reciprocal exchange program with U.S. organizations. Necessary documentation includes formal reciprocal exchange agreements, descriptions of the exchange program, and evidence of qualifying skills.
  • The P-3 Visa applicant must be at least 18 years of age, be qualified to perform the work as specified on the petition, communicate effectively, and have not resided in the United States during the last year before arrival on a P-3 Visa.

Similar Visa Categories:

  • H-1B Visa: Employment visa for highly skilled professionals in specialty occupations.
  • F-1 Visa: Student visa for academic studies in an accredited U.S. educational institution.
  • J-1 Visa: Exchange visitor visa for cultural exchange programs, including internships and research.
  • O-1 Visa: Visa for individuals with extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics.
  • L-1 Visa: Intra-company transferee visa for managers, executives, and specialized knowledge employees.
  • TN Visa: Nonimmigrant visa for Canadian and Mexican professionals under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
  • E-2 Visa: Treaty investor visa for individuals investing a substantial amount in a U.S. business.
  • B-1 Visa: Temporary business visitor visa for individuals attending conferences, meetings, or engaging in consulting.
  • H-2B Visa: Seasonal nonagricultural worker visa for temporary employment in specific industries.
  • H-3 Visa: Visa for individuals receiving training that is not available in their home country.
  • E-1 Visa: Treaty trader visa for individuals engaged in substantial trade between the U.S. and their home country.
  • R-1 Visa: Visa for religious workers coming to the U.S. to work in a religious capacity.
  • K-1 Visa: Fiancé(e) visa for individuals engaged to U.S. citizens and planning to marry in the U.S.
  • E-3 Visa: Visa for Australian professionals in specialty occupations.
  • U Visa: Visa for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse.
Download the P Visa for Athletes and Entertainers Application Guide  for more information.

    Receive this guide by Email

    Please enter your name and email address, and the immigration guide will be sent to you by email.

    Your information will not be shared with anyone. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.