K1 Visa Application

Apply For Your K1 Visa

K-1 Fiancée/Fiancé Visa Application Guide

K-1 Fiancée and Fiancé Visa Information: The K-1 Visa, also known as the K1 Fiancée Visa, may be used by United States citizens who wish to bring their prospective husbands or wives to the United States with the intention of getting married. Minor children of fiancées can also accompany them to the United States as they can be issued K-2 Visas. The U.S. citizen must file a petition with the USCIS on behalf of the foreign fiancé(e). After the petition is approved, the fiancé(e) can obtain a K-1 Fiancé Visa. The K-1 Visa is issued at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. The marriage must take place within 90 days of the fiancé(e) entering the United States. The K-1 Fiancée and Fiancé Visa Application Guide is an informative and comprehensive guide to the K-1 Visa and contains everything an individual needs to know in order to successfully apply.
What’s included
Additional information

Fiancée and Fiancé Definition:

Individuals for whom English is not a native language can sometimes get confused with the terms “Fiancée” and “Fiancé”. The K-1 Visa applies to both Fiancée and Fiancé of United States citizens.

  • Fiancée: A woman to whom a man is engaged to be married.
  • Fiancé: A man to whom a woman is engaged to be married.

K-1 Fiancée and Fiancé Visa Eligibility Requirements:

Until the actual marriage takes place, the fiancé(e) is considered a non-immigrant. A non-immigrant is a foreign national seeking to temporarily enter the United States for a specific purpose. A fiancé(e) may not obtain an extension of the 90-day original non-immigrant admission. After the marriage takes place, the foreign national may apply for Green Card through Marriage to become a United States citizen.

Download the K-1 Fiancée/Fiancé Visa Application Guide  for more information.