J1 Exchange Visitor Visa Application

Apply For Your J1 Visa

J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Application Guide

J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa General Information: The United States government issues J-1 Visas to individuals who take part in a wide range of exchange visitor programs sponsored by schools, businesses, and a variety of organizations and institutions. These programs are envisioned for business and industrial trainees, scholars, students, international visitors, teachers, research assistants, and those on cultural missions. In addition, there are several exchange visitor programs for young people, including summer employment programs, internship programs for university students and au-pair programs.
What’s included
Additional information

J-1 Exchange Visitor Eligibility Requirements:

Individuals meet the criteria for a J1 Exchange Visitor Visa if they are coming to the United States as a student, scholar, trainee, teacher, professor, research assistant, medical graduate, or international visitor who are participating in a program of studies, training, research, or a cultural enrichment program that is specifically designed for such individuals by the United States Department of State, through its Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.

Activities covered by the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa programs include:

  • Au-pair and nanny
  • Summer camp counselors and staff
  • Post-graduate students
  • Government visitors
  • Medical students coming to the United States as residents or interns
  • Foreign scholars sponsored by universities as temporary faculty
  • Business and Industrial trainees
  • Activities that are part of an exchange program approved by the U.S. Department of State

The J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Application Guide

 is an informative and comprehensive guide to the J-1 Visa and contains everything an individual needs to know in order to successfully apply for this visa.

Download the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Application Guide  for more information.