Thousands of Applications Approved!

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Certificate of Citizenship Application Guide

The Certificate of United States Citizenship Guide was developed to help United States citizens complete and file a request for a copy of their certificate of United States Citizenship. If your name has changed since your last certificate was issued, it is recommended to apply for a new certificate in your new name. In addition, it is also recommended to apply for a replacement certificate if your certificate of citizenship was lost, mutilated, or destroyed.
What’s included

Important Warning & Legal Disclaimer:

  • The U.S. Immigration Support (this website) does not issue U.S. Certificates of Citizenship. We publish an application guide to assist you in replacing a lost, stolen or destroyed certificate of citizenship.
  • We will NOT mail a copy of your U.S. Certificate of Citizenship to you. Upon successful download, you must follow the instruction in the application guide and submit your own application directly with the United States government.
  • It is NOT possible to request a copy of your Certificate of United States Citizenship online. This website only provides the application guide.
  • The Certificate of Citizenship is a different document than the Certificate of Naturalization. The application guide available for download on this website contains information on how to replace both documents. YOU DON’T NEED TO ORDER BOTH application guides. You only need to download one.
Download Certificate of Citizenship Application Guide for more information.

The Certificate of US Citizenship (form N-560 or N-561) is a document issued by the United States government as proof of U.S. citizenship. Individuals who are eligible to apply for the United States Certificate of Citizenship include those who obtained U.S. citizenship while residing in the United States or individuals who were born outside the United States to U.S. citizens. Specific details of eligibility include:

  • Your parents are U.S. citizens, but you were born abroad.

  • At least one of your parents became naturalized when you were under 18 years of age and met the special conditions of the law.

Los detalles específicos de elegibilidad incluyen:

  • Sus padres son ciudadanos de los EE.UU., pero usted ha nacido en el extranjero.

  • Al menos unos de sus padres se naturalizó cuando usted era menor de 18 años de edad y cumple con las condiciones especiales de la ley.

What U.S. Government Agency Issues the Certificate of Citizenship? The Certificate of Citizenship is a document that is issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
Important: Only individuals who obtained U.S. citizenship either by action of law while residing in the United States or by having been born outside the United States to U.S. citizens can request a copy of their certificate of citizenship.

Naturalized citizens

Naturalized Citizens: If you are a naturalized United States citizen, you should request a copy of your Certificate of United States Naturalization. The process of applying for a certificate of citizenship and certificate of naturalization is similar; however, the two documents are not the same. Both documents entitle the holder to full benefits of United States citizenship, including applying for a United States Passport. However, the application requirements are different. Please refer to the Certificate of United States Naturalization application guide for more information.