C-1 Transit Visa Application

Apply For Your United States Transit Visa

C-1 Transit Visa Application Guide

C-1 Transit Visa General Information: The C-1 Transit Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreign nationals to enter the United States while transiting to another foreign country. The C-1 Transit Visa can be used to travel in and out of the United States when your final destination is another country. Individuals with a valid B-1 Business or B-2 Tourist Visa do not need to obtain a US Transit Visa. Any other valid nonimmigrant visa may not be used to transit through the United States. Individuals from Visa Waiver countries do not need to obtain a C-1 Transit Visa. Please note: The Transit Without Visa (TWOV) program and International-to-International (ITI) program were both suspended by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Department of State on August 2nd, 2003.
If you are a citizen of one of the 37 Visa Waiver Countries (list of countries), you may qualify to enter the United States for up to 90 days visa-free. Download the “Visa Waiver Program Application Guide” for more information on how to start your application immediately. Most applicants receive their online Visa Waiver Confirmation confirmation within 5 minutes.
What’s included
Additional information

C-1 Transit Visa Eligibility Requirements:

Most foreign nationals traveling through the United States to another foreign destination are eligible for a C-1 Transit Visa. C-1 Transit Visa holders may stay for a maximum of 29 days in the United States. C-1 Transit Visa holders are required to leave the United States on the proposed flight or ship of departure, or within 29 days, whichever is earlier. Some applicants may be required to apply for a B-1 Business Visa or a B-2 Tourist Visa in order to visit the United States. Travelers with a passport from a Visa Waiver country do not need to obtain a transit visa. Additional information can be found in the C-1 Transit Visa application guide.

Download the Visa Extension Application Guide for more information.