Thousands of Applications Approved!

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Change of Address for Green Card and Visa Holders

Important Green Card and Visa Holder Change of Address Information: It is a misdemeanor crime to willfully fail to provide the USCIS with a written notice of address change (Form AR-11) within 10 days after remaining in the United States for 30 days or more. Individuals being convicted, including the parent or the legal guardian of an alien under age 14 who is required to give notice, can be fined up to $200 or imprisoned up to 30 days, or a combination of both. Individuals may also be deported from the United States, ref. INA § 266(b). The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) runs a “Special Registration” program which requires individuals from certain countries to go through additional security procedures in order to confirm their change of address while in the United States. The specific nationalities and procedures are included in the Change of Address Information Guide.
What’s included
Providing the USCIS with your change of address is not a separate requirement, but is necessary for visitors to lawfully stay in the United States. Visitors who do not comply with the change of address requirement during their stay in the United States will be considered “Out of Status”.

Notice of Change of Address applies to:

  • Nonimmigrant Visa Holders (visas such as F-1H-1B, etc.)
  • Green Card Holders (permanent United States residents)

The consequences of being out of status can lead to arrest, detention, fines, and/or removal (deportation) from the United States. Future visa applications to enter the United States may also be impacted.

Download Change of Address for Green Card and Visa Holders Guide for more information.