Skip to main content

U.S. Immigration Support is managed by a U.S. Law Firm. We are not affiliated with the United States government.

Thousands of Applications Approved!

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Birth Certificate Replacement

A Birth Certificate is an official document that verifies one’s identity, name, age, date of birth, and place of birth. A Birth Certificate has many different purposes and is even required when applying for a U.S. passport. Birth Certificates are issued by each individual state and the replacement process varies depending on the state in which you were born. The Birth Certificate Replacement Guide provides a detailed explanation of the Birth Certificate replacement process for every state in America.

  • Start Application Immediately
  • Easy to Understand Instructions
  • Apply Online or by Mail
  • Pricing and Fee Information Included
  • Checklist of Required Documents
  • Unlimited Online Support

What’s included

  • Birth Certificate overview
  • Birth Certificate eligibility and requirements for each individual state
  • Birth Certificate privileges and limitations for each individual state
  • How to obtain the Birth Certificate replacement application forms
  • Birth Certificate filing instructions including filing fees and mailing addresses
  • How to apply for Birth Certificate replacement at a U.S. Consulate (if born abroad)
  • Eligibility Information
  • List of Required Documents
  • Information on Filing Fees
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
  • List of USCIS Offices Nationwide
  • Directory of U.S. Embassies and Consulates
  • Information on how to obtain the latest United States immigration forms

Download Birth Certificate Replacement Guide for more information

Birth Certificate for US citizens Born Abroad: Individuals born outside the United States are issued Form DS-240 (Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America) or Form DS-1350 (Certification of Report of Birth). These forms contain the same information as a US Birth Certificate and are recognized as official documents. Form DS-240 and Form DS-1350 can only be obtained if the birth was recorded at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Individuals born abroad cannot obtain a U.S. Birth Certificate, just like U.S. born individuals cannot apply for Form DS-240 or Form DS-1350. For more information about how to obtain a copy Form DS-240 or Form DS-1350 order the Birth Certificate Replacement Guide.

Birth Certificate Eligibility Requirements: Only individuals born in the United States can apply for a replacement of their U.S. Birth Certificate. This also applies to individuals born in the United States to non-US citizens. Such children are frequently referred to as Anchor Babies. The parents and other family members may at a later point immigrate to the United States through the American born child. A foreign individual born in the United States will in most cases automatically have Dual Citizenship at birth. Individuals born abroad must have their birth properly recorded by a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in order to be issued Form DS-240 or Form DS-1350.

A Copy of your Birth Certificate is required for the following applications:

© 2024 U.S. IMMIGRATION SUPPORT - All Rights Reserved